Skip to content

Departmental Information & Requests

UNR Department Administrators

You can use the form on this page in order to request the processing of new J-1 scholars. Please carefully read the following information:
  1. You will need to log into our International Student & Scholar Portal in order to create the request. There are multiple ways to log in.
    • You can create a new login using your email address
    • You can contact our office and have us enter your information into the system (this will allow you to login using your NetID)
    • If you have already created an account using your email address and would like to convert it to using your NetID we can also help you with that conversion.
      • Please contact our office at if you would like us to change your login to your NetID (please do not contact our scholar advisors for this as they do not have access to change the login information for users).
  2. Before beginning the form, please ensure that you have all the information necessary to complete the request. This includes the following:
    • IPO or check in US dollars payable to the Board of Regents for the $350 OISS processing fee
    • Copy of the biographical page of the Exchange Visitor's and and dependents' passport and extension page if applicable. Visa, form I-94 (include I-94 front and back if they have an I-94 card), and DS-2019/I-20 if they are currently in the US.
    • Proof of financial support if required
    • Proof of English language proficiency
    • Completed and approved Export Control Evaluation Form
    • Signed Department Chair confirmation