Skip to content

F-1 Transfer Out Request

As an F-1 student, your Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) record is maintained by the University of Nevada, Reno (Nevada).
  • In order to transfer from Nevada to another Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school, we must “release” your SEVIS record to the new school.
    • If your SEVIS record has been terminated or completed, check with your new school if they will still accept your SEVIS record and submit official written confirmation of the approval with this form.
  • Consult with your new school to determine the SEVIS Release Date to select.
  • Active students: classes at the new school must begin at the next available term or within five months, whichever is sooner, of the last date of school attendance or program completion date.
  • Incoming students: classes at the new school must begin within 30 days of arrival in the United States if you will not enroll in classes at Nevada.
  • Once this form is completed and submitted to the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) along with a copy of your signed admission letter to the new SEVP-certified school, OISS will release your SEVIS record to the new school.
  • Your new school will not be able to issue your I-20 form before the SEVIS release date you select.
    • You will not be a Nevada student as of the release date and cannot continue to take classes or work at Nevada or use any remaining CPT, OPT, or SEH authorization.
  • After your SEVIS record is released, you must contact the new DSO within 15 days of the program start date and register for classes.

How to Request a Transfer Out
  • Login using the appropriate login option based on your NetID status.
  • Go to the "Request & Document Center" to submit the "Transfer Out" request in the "What can we help you with?" section.
  • Allow OISS at least 5 business days to process your request.