Skip to content


Below is a list of forms for the Office of International Students and Scholars that can now be completed through our OISS Portal.

Note: If you have already started a specific online form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.

New Student/Scholar Processes

  • Orientation Sign Up - Sign up for the mandatory F-1 and J-1 new international students orientation.
  • New J-1 Scholar Request (Departments) - Departments who would like to submit a request to bring in a new J-1 short-term scholar, research scholar, or professor may do so through by submitting this form.
  • Immigration Documentation Check-in - You must provide copies of your U.S. immigration documents upon entry to the U.S. for OISS records.

Immigration Requests

  • F-1 Transfer Out - If you plan to transfer to another U.S. school, the OISS must first review your SEVIS record before granting access to the new school.
  • Leave of Absence - If you wish to take a temporary absence, you must submit related documentation to discuss its impact on your immigration status.
  • Program Extension - If you will not complete your academic program by the program end date stated on the I-20/DS-2019, you must apply for an extension in advance. Note: only medical or academic are acceptable reasons per immigration regulations.
  • Reduced Course Load - Immigration regulations require F-1 and J-1 students to maintain full-time enrollment each academic term. Students who need to drop below full-time must obtain prior approval from the OISS.

Employment Requests

  • Academic Training - J-1 students requesting advance off-campus work authorization for employment training or practical experience, related to their field of study.
  • Curricular Practical Training (CPT) - F-1 students requesting off-campus work authorization, related to their program of study, prior to graduation. Note: CPT cannot be backdated if submitted late to OISS.
  • Optional Practical Training (OPT) - F-1 students requesting work authorization for up to one year, related to their program of study, after program completion. Note: should be submitted at least 3 months prior to program completion.
  • Register On-campus Employment  - J-1 students should register their on-campus employment with the OISS. Use this form to update your on-campus employer information for SEVIS reporting. Please do so as soon as you get the employment.
  • OPT Employment Update - If you already have OPT approved with an EAD card, you are required to report all employer details via the SEVP Portal within 10 days of a change of employment, physical/mailing address, phone number, or email address.
  • Social Security Number Request - for use by F-1 and J-1 students with employment applying for a Social Security Number.
  • STEM OPT Extension - F-1 students on OPT after earning a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (government approved STEM fields) can apply for 24 months of additional OPT if they have a job or job offer from an E-Verify employer and meet all other required criteria.