Skip to content

Welcome to the International Student & Scholar Portal
University of Nevada, Reno 

Please log into the system to access your personal profile. You can use the international student portal to perform various requests and actions on your record such as requesting OPT, STEM OPT, AT, CPT, a Reduced Course Load, program extensions and more. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at

  • Current UNR Students and UNR employees - Login using your NetID and password after clicking the LOGIN link.
  • Students on post-completion OPT/STEM OPT/AT - Use the Portal Account login to gain access. If you have not already received a login, please request one by sending an email to, DO NOT create an account because you already have one.
    • Your NetID cannot be reactivated if you are not in a current degree-seeking program or working for the University.
  • J-1 Scholars - Login using your NetID and password after clicking the LOGIN link. 
  • Departments & Advisors - Use our International Portal to make requests for new J-1 Research Scholars, Short-Term Scholars and J-1 Student Interns. If you are unable to login using your NetID, you may need to be granted staff access. Please contact the OISS for details. 
  • If you are an exchange student or J-1 scholar without a NetID, please establish a portal account using your personal email account.
  • If you are a UNR student, participating  in exchange, please establish a portal account using you personal email

Disclaimer: UNR OISS provides general advice/guidance. However, any advice/guidance provided by our office, as well as the information on our webpage, should not be construed as legal advice. UNR OISS staff will provide regulatory and practice information as it stands at the time of the consult. Due to the fluid nature of governmental interpretation, individuals must understand that government agencies may change their interpretation of established immigration laws/regulations and eligibility requirements for benefits at any time. We strongly suggest consulting with an attorney for legal advice.